Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) is a state funded program designed to assist low-income New Jersey residents who are capable and motivated but lack adequate preparation for college study. EOF supports a wide array of campus-based outreach and support services at 28 public and many private colleges and universities in New Jersey. Ocean County College is one of 19 participating community colleges.
EOF Mission: To provide access to higher education
Students are evaluated for admittance based upon academic readiness, potential, motivation and a history of poverty; an interview is required. We offer interviews in-person or through WebEx. Students must register full time (12 credits or more) and also complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Use your EOF@OCEAN experience as an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone, to explore, to reach and to become all that you dream. We don’t create the dream, but we will help you work toward it! We are advocates, cheerleaders, and guides.
- A Community of like scholars
- SUMMER@EOF programming for new and returning students for success and retention
- Academic Coaching to help you achieve the highest levels
- Seminars/Workshops/Activities to enrich your experience
- Advising to provide individualized academic and personal support
- Opportunities for Growth and Leadership to develop skills to direct and guide
- Financial Aid for summer sessions
- Continued EOF Eligibility at senior/transfer institutions
Is EOF a Good fit for you? Are you unsure about eligibility? *
- Are you the first in your family to attend college?
- Do you or your family have a low annual income?
- Do you or your family participate in a government assistance program?
- Will you register for 12 or more credits?
- Do test results indicate a need for ENGL 151/098, or MATH 023?
- Are you eligible for PELL, TAG, or CCOG grants?
* Yes answers do not guarantee acceptance
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL US: (732) 255-0400, Extension 2026
All are welcome to apply, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression. EOF enrollment is determined by state funding, apply early.