Academic Catalog

Addictions Counseling

Students who pursue coursework in Alcohol and Drug Counseling through Ocean County College are eligible to receive credit for licensure as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor in the State of New Jersey. In order to practice without supervision and beyond the intake and referral level, students will need to pursue at least a Bachelor’s degree, usually in a related field such as Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or Public Service. It is recommended that students meet with an advisor to discuss the best degree program and coursework for their transfer and career goals.